essai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
essai

Forum de test

HomeHome  SearchSearch  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  phpBB FrancephpBB France  

Permissions - Private Forums & Sub-forums

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MissGeek
Admin
MissGeek

Female Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2005-11-29

Permissions - Private Forums & Sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Permissions - Private Forums & Sub-forums   Permissions - Private Forums & Sub-forums EmptySun 15 Jan - 5:37

After I saw members having problems of members who can access to messages in private sections, I post this message to do this precision.

I have set "Read & Write - Private" to my private section, but members, who don't have any permissions to access to the private section, can see the messages in the private section when they consult the profile of a member who have the permissions. Why?

if you have a private forum where there are sub-forums, don't forget to set Read & Write - Private to these sub-forums in addition to the private forum which contains these sub-forums. This will ensure that all the messages in the private section can't be accessed by members who don't have the permissiosn to access it, even if they go by the profile of a member who has the permissions. this kind of omission is more frequent than we think.
Back to top Go down
http://help.editboard.com

Permissions - Private Forums & Sub-forums
Page 1 of 1